Each Gemstone has specific methods and rituals which are needed to be followed while wearing them for the first time. These are necessary if you want benefits from the wearing of gemstones.
Introduction to Gomed stone in English:
- Before wearing hessonite garnet (gomed) gemstone, you must be aware about its feature, effects, how and when to wear.
- Do not wear any gemstone without consulting a good astrologer because wearing wrong gemstone can affect negatively to the
- The Gomed Gemstone also called as “Gomedh” is associated with the planet Rahu mahadasha and is worn in finger to nullify the negative effects of this planet. Gomed is gemstone of Rahu.
- Gomed Stone in English is called Hessonite Garnet.
- Rahu and Saturn are quite similar in its effects and can create obstacles and sufferings for the native, if placed in malefic position.
- Thus, before wearing this gemstone, make yourself aware about its compatibility with your horoscope. We would recommend consulting an astrologer for choosing gemstone.
- In addition to this, keep one more thing in mind that quality of stone matters as well.
- Low quality or fake stone may affect negatively to the wearer. So, make sure you buy a genuine gemstone from reputed seller.
- You can buy Hessonite gemstone online from an online portal.
- Pukhraj has best combination with Gomed so both Pukhraj and Gomed together can be worn.
- The honey colored gemstone is considered as best quality Gomed stone its price is moderate.
- Most demanded variety is Ceylon formed stone price and it most expensive variety.
Rituals to be followed before wearing Gomed:
Following are the rituals to be followed while wearing Hessonite or Gomed Gemstone:
- The most suitable day for buying and wearing of gomed stone is “Saturday”. A Saturday which falls in the Shukla Paksha (ascending cycle of the Moon) is considered auspicious for this purpose. The favorable constellations for wearing it are Swati, Shatbhisha or Arudra.
- The weight of gemstones should not be below “3 Ratti”.
- The best metal for wearing this stone in the ring is Silver. It can also be studded in the ring made up of alloy mixture of 5 metals.
- The Gomed ring should be worn in the middle or little finger of right hand.
- The most favorable time for wearing this gemstone is two hours after sunset.
- The natural Hessonite/Gomed gemstone should be purified firstly by washing it with “Gangajal”(Holy water) and raw milk.
Mantra Chanting while wearing Gomed:
- The Hessonite gemstone should be worn after chanting the following Rahu Mantra 108 times :
Om Raam Rahve Namha
Rituals to be followed after wearing Gomed Stone:
Following are the rituals to be followed after wearing this gemstone:
- Donate mustard oil, black sesame seeds, blanket, blue colored cloth and money to a Brahmin.
- Offer milk to snake and feed grass to a horse.
- To sum up, Hessonite/ Gomed stone should not be worn without consulting an astrologer.
- Follow the rituals before and after wearing gomed stone for enjoying its benefits.
- Good luck for your future