The Manikya stone ring is often seen in the hands of people because of its mystical powers and association with legendary true and absolute luxury. Most of the people seen wearing this Manik stone are successful in their lives and occupy better postions of many peoplein the hands of According to Vedic Astrology, Ruby represents the planet Sun. This Gemstone comes in dark red to light pink color. Ruby is a costly and precious Gemstone.
What is Manik Stone?
The Manikya is the Hindi name for “natural ruby” and it is a precious gemstone. It is often named as “stone of nobility”, “the queen of stones” and “the stone of kings” because of its its captivating beauty and astounding metaphysical benefits. It is a blood colored stone and regarded as pigeon blood when it has a pure deep, rich red color without any admixture of blue or yellow. In Hindusim it is considered as much revered stone and according to Vedic astrology, Ruby is the gemstone of Sun, the king of the zodiac. It is know to as the nurturer and the vital source of energy. In western tradition the manik stone is birthstone of for the month of July.
Who Should Wear A Manikya Stone Ring?
According to Indian astrology, Manikya stone strengthens Sun (Surya) and is the rashi ratna for Leo (Simha). According to modern western astrology it is birthstone for the month of “July” and associated with star sign “cancer”. The Manik Stone (‘Manikya’ in Hindi) brings wealth, energy, status, respect upon its wearer. Ruby stone can also be weared by ascendants of others star signs such as Aries, Cancer, Sagittarius, Pisces and Scorpio .
What are Benefits of wearing ManikStone?
- Ruby or Manik is considered as royal gemstones for ages. It benefits of wearing manikya stone ring are well known as has very positive effects upon its wearer such as increase in wealth, professional success, more social influence etc.
- It suits the people who have top level Government and Administrative jobs because it brings recognition and respect for these people.
- Ruby is associated with planet Sun which eccentric to all planets. Its strong positioning in horoscope provides luxurious and sophisticated life to its wearers.
- Sun is symbolic of ‘Father’ in Astrology. So wearing manikya stone ring strengthens paternal relations with kids, its improves parental control over children increases the likeliness of inheriting a successful legacy.
- From medical astrology point of view ruby stone symbolizes the Heart, the Eyes and Bones. So, wearing it improves Heart conditions and gives benefits to the eye sight and makes bones stronger.
- The manikya stone also improves the body metabolism and regulates the temperature of body.
- Wearing a ruby protects the wearer in times of disputes and wars. The warriors in times gone by wore Rubies, which touched their skin and stimulated energy and courage in battle.
- The ruby gemstone stops unnecessary worries.
- Wearing a ruby and gazing upon it, strengthens the eyesight.
- It Gives more strength and vitality to human body
- It protects us from getting heart diseases
- Relieves the stress and cure the fears and protects from nightmares
- Helpful in harmonising conjugal relationship between husband and wife
How to wear Manik Stone Ring
It is advisable to wear Ruby gemstone as ring. The correct way of wearing manikya stone ring is to wear in in the correct hand that is Left Hand for left-handed people and the Right Hand for right-handed people. Astrologers recommend to wear it at the time of sun rise on Sunday during the Shukla Paksh (Waxing Moon).
At first choice, try to set manik stone should be Gold. However, Manik stone can be set into silver. Additionally, it can also be worn in Panchdhatu.
Other Substitutes For Manik Stone?
The popular substitute for manik stone are Red Garnet and Red Onyx. Another famous substitute for mankiya gemstone is Tiger Eye. However, substitutes are not as effective as primary stone astrologically. Additionally, you can wear Rhodolite, Red Spinal, Rubilite as Ruby gemstone substitutes.
How to determine the Quality of Manik Gemstone?
- Like other colored stones the quality of manik gemstone depends upon its Cut, Color and Clarity.
- From Astrological point of view the better manikya stone is the one which has clarity.
- Color also has effect on the astrological benefits of manik ruby gemstone.
- All natural rubies have inclusions so their is no negative effects because of inclusions.
Manik Stone Price:
- The price of Manik Ruby Gemstone is directly related to the quality of the ruby. The better quality ruby will always costs hight.
- Ruby Manik stone price depends on the carats (ratti), Cut, Clarity and Color.
- The treated ruby will always cost less than untreated ruby gemstone.
- Natural Gemstone will always costs higher than synthetic gemstones.
- More clear ruby gemstone means more costly and more price of ruby gemstone.
- Inclusions also effects the price of manik gemstone, if the inclusions in the ruby effects the beauty of manikya stone it will cost lesser.
- The larger crystal will cost many times higher than the price per carat because of Indian law.
- The origin of ruby also has effects on the price of ruby. The ruby from Burma, Srilanka and Thailand are most demanded rubies so price of these rubies will be higher.
- Dont buy low quality rubies with the label “Old Burmese Rubies” because unscrupulous dealers and most jewelers pass them off as to common people.
- Always buy from knowledgeable and trusted dealer or jeweler.
- Consult the local gemological lab and gemologist for buying rubies.
- For costly rubies ask for a lab certificate mentioning tests for origin and treatments.
Caring of Ruby Gemstone
- The Manik Stones are harder and tougher than most of the gemstones so they do not require much care.
- You should not wear ruby during the rough work or working with harsh chemicals.
- Loose Ruby stones should not be placed together closely with rubies, diamonds and other corundum as it may get scratched.
- Manak stone should also be kept away from other jewelry and in a fabric-lined box, they may scratch other, softer gemstones.
- Manikya stone can be easily cleaned with soapy water using brush.
- Rinse the stone throughly with the soapy water and dry with with the help of cloth or tissue paper.
- Treat manik gemstone should be avoided in direct sun rays as it may fade in color.
- Glass filled manik stone are not hard as pure manik stone so they should be dealt with care.
Ruby in Religions
Manik stone is deemed to be the most precious of gemstones by the Bible. It is also mentioned in the ancient Sanskrit scriptures. Even the Quran says the paradise is decorated with ruby and coral stones. In Indian history manik stone was treat as King of Gemstones. Upon discovery of each Manik crystal, the Indian Emperor would give a special royal welcome to this manak stone.