Are you looking for a ruby gemstone or you are thinking to gift this exquisite looking gemstone to your loved one in the form of the present to ensure love and happiness in your love life. Here are some wonderful facts about ruby gemstone for you.
- The word ruby comes from the Latin word “rubber” which means red in color.
- Ruby gemstone is regarded to be the birthstone of the month July. So it can bring enormous positive results to you or your loved ones born in this month.
- Ruby is not a just birthstone of the month of July but is also being considered to be the birthstone of zodiac sign cancer can. By wearing it, it can earn a lot of positive benefits in form of success, name, fame and good health for those who have Cancer cancer zodiac sign.
- If you wear ruby as your birthstone it can warn you about upcoming problems in advance. If something bad is going to happen with its wearer ruby gemstone will switch darker in color.
- Ruby and sapphire come under same family called “Corundum”. All corundum stone which have shades of red are rubies and any color other than red are “sapphires”.
- The name corundum was is taken from the Tamil word “kuruntam” which means “ruby”.
- Red color is rubies is dispensed by trace amounts of the element chromium.
- Ruby gemstone is considered as a wedding gemstone because of its its superlative color and enormous astrological benefits.
- Presenting this gemstone to your spouse on the 40th anniversary of the marriage bequeath love and affection in married life.
- In ancient time ruby gemstone was laid in the foundation of newly formed buildings and houses to strengthen the house.
- The ancient women used to wear ruby gemstone in order to increase their beauty and enhance their physical appearance.
- Seeing ruby gemstone in dreams is a good sign and it is indication that you will secure money and wealth in life.
- The first synthetic ruby stone was created in 1837 by a French chemist “Gaudin”.
- The world largest ruby is “Manik Ratna” which weighs 4.67 grams and placed in American Museum of Natural History.
- Chinese in ancient times used this auspicious stone to honor their soldier during the war days.
- Rubies are found all over the world, but finest quality rubies are found in Burma Ruby which is the best among all other origins.
- There are many synthetic and treated rubies on the market. It is very hard nowadays to spot a natural ruby gemstone.
- You must consult an expert gemologist before you buy a natural and untreated ruby.
Read here “Buying gemstone and metal tips”